Oceanfront Nicaraguan Eco-Retreat: Aqua Wellness Resort
About This Offer
Touted as the next great eco-tourism destination, Nicaragua is on the make. Discover what the fuss is all about at Aqua Wellness Resort, an impeccably-designed spa and retreat perched in the jungle above the Central American country's Pacific coast. Spend five nights in one of their two-bedroom treetop Forest View Penthouse suites, many of which have private plunge pools overlooking the jungle and the ocean, and enjoy organic breakfast daily from one of the country's best restaurants.
Tempting as it may be, though, don't just camp out in your rooms. Aqua Wellness is known for its myriad fitness and health classes, including yoga classes on the ocean view pavilion (all group classes and one private class are included), cooking and nutrition classes like the included raw chocolate cooking class, and spa treatments you can spend your $75 credit on, like Organic Cacao Exfoliation and Aqua Massage. Lounge around on the private beach and go kayaking, snorkeling, or surfing in the ocean, and take in majestic coastal views on the guided Big Foot (Pie de Gigante) hike. It won't even take five days for you to want to return to Nicaragua.
IMPORTANT terms and restrictions:
- Available Travel Dates: Option A) September 1 2012 - October 31. 2012, Option B) November 1 2012 - December 14, 2012.
- Availability Guarantee: SpaFinder Now will issue a full refund in the event you are unable to secure your preferred dates
- Voucher must be used in time frame of Offer. Limit 2 voucher(s) per user, unlimited voucher(s) available for gifting.
- Multiple vouchers can be purchased and combined for longer stays.
- Offer does not include tax or gratuities
About The Location
Just a couple years old, this boutique spa eco-resort on Nicaragua's Pacific coast has already helped put this emerging Central American country on the map as a tourist destination. Connecting flights to Augusto C. Sandino International Airport (MGA) and Liberia International Airport (LIR) are available from most major US cities. Shared transfers can be arranged through the resort from Managua (approximately two and a half hours) and Liberia (approximately 100 miles) for a fee.
"Aqua is built into the hillside and consists of a series of 18 fabulous, sustainable wooden treehouse villas that are connected to each other by suspended bridges, with 150 steps that lead down to sheltered Redonda Bay." –Food & Wine
"If you want to go on excursions where you get the full history of Nica (thanks Octavio!) and fly upside down from a zipline in the pouring rain...then Aqua is the place!" –Eric L, Ohio, TripAdvisor
"We woke up almost every morning to monkeys howling, birds chirping, and a view of the forest right outside our window. The food was made to order and taste great. Nica cheese, bread, and fresh juices. Listening to the constant ocean waves crashing against the rocks while you dine or relax at the beach was a most pleasant experience." –Kdamly, Bronx, NY, TripAdvisor
What You Get
- Five-night stay in a Forest View Penthouse
- $75 spa credit
- Daily breakfast for two
- Big Foot Hike for two
- Raw Chocolate Cooking Class for two
- One private yoga class
- Daily fitness classes for two
Why It's Great
- Stunning location in the rainforest overlooking the beach
- Yoga and health classes taught by renowned professionals
- Many of the restaurant's ingredients grown in gardens on the property
- Stylish suites built by local artisans