Private Island Luxury in the Bahamas: Kamalame Cay
About This Offer
When you wake up in your airy, sun-washed cottage on a private Bahamian island, a gourmet breakfast basket full of hot coffee and freshly-baked pastries awaits you on your doorstep. A few steps beyond it lies soft white sand, which falls away into the clear turquoise Caribbean Sea. Sound like a dream? At Kamalame Cay, it’s just daily life. No wonder this idyllic, barefoot luxury private island resort is celebrating 15 years of helping people find paradise.
Spend three or five nights on this secluded Out Island, just off Andros, through the winter high season to see what the fuss is about. Lounge on your 700-square-foot Cottage Suite’s veranda overlooking the three miles of perfect beach, try your hand at bonefishing with expert guides, or go diving or snorkeling along the world’s third-largest barrier reef. Pamper yourself—thanks to the $100 credit you’ll have—at the Bahamas’ first over-water spa; with the gentle sounds of water lapping the shore around you, you can’t help but relax.
Swim in the shallow waters and explore the island on your own. After all, with just 21 cottages, villas, and suites on the cay, you could easily not see any other guests during the day. In the evenings, drive your private golf buggy to the central Great House, the resort’s acclaimed restaurant, where you’ll dine on fresh, local seafood—you or one of your fellow guests might even have caught the fish you’re enjoying.
IMPORTANT terms and restrictions:
- Available Travel Dates: December 15, 2012 - May 31, 2013 .
- Availability Guarantee: SpaFinder Now will issue a full refund in the event you are unable to secure your preferred dates (excludes listed blackout periods as follows: December 22, 2013- January, 2, 2013)
- Voucher must be used in time frame of Offer. Limit 2 voucher(s) per user, unlimited voucher(s) available for gifting.
- Limit one voucher per redemption; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay.
- Not valid on group or existing reservations.
- Spa credit is not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash
- Airfare not included
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- 22% taxes and gratuities not included and will be collected at redemption
- Max occupancy is 3 Adults or 2 Adults and 1 child 15 and under
- If guests choose to upgrade their package to Guest of House (all-inclusive) it would be an additional $195 per adult and $98 per child (rates subject to 22% taxes).
About The Location
Located just off the unspoilt Bahamian Out Island of Andros, Kamalame Cay is one of the Caribbean’s best-kept secrets. Devotees return year after year to escape from reality in this cocoon of palm trees, luxury amenities, welcoming staff, and exceptional cuisine. The team emphasizes environmental sustainability and ultimate relaxation, so you don’t have to worry about jet-skis waking you up in the morning or overly-solicitous staff interrupting your beach time.
"It’s as if you’ve been shipwrecked with a staff dedicated to your every desire, whether it’s a snorkeling trip to the nearby reef, dinner on the three-mile-long beach, or a coffee body scrub at the spa, which hovers on stilts above the sea." -Travel + Leisure
"Each [cottage] is outfitted in a breezy but stylish tropical motif that evokes a decorator's journal. The food is superb, focusing on fresh fish, lobster, local soups, homemade breads, and surprisingly good wines." -Frommer's
"We snorkled at the blue hole, kayaked through the mangroves, and walked in the shallow turquoise waters. My husband and son went fishing where they caught red snapper and even a baracuda" -EDLNewYork, New York, TripAdvisor
"My wife who grew up on a Florida beach said she had never been anywhere more beautiful." -GeorgeHollingbery, Winchester, UK, TripAdvisor
What You Get
- Three- or five-night stay for two in a Cottage Suite
- $100 spa credit
- Daily Continental Breakfast Basket delivery
- Bottle of bubbly
- Afternoon cookie delivery
- Arrival cocktail
- Departing gift
- Romantic boat drop-off on uninhabited island (five-night stays)
Why It's Great
- Ultra-private island resort with only 21 guest cottages
- All cottages overlook the ocean
- Three miles of sugar white sandbeaches
- Gourmet breakfast basket arrives magically on your doorstep
- Exceptional, fresh cuisine