Nicaraguan Eco-Resort and Spa: Hacienda Puerta del Cielo
About This Offer
You know that secluded, exotic getaway you’ve been dreaming of? Well, we’ve found it. Perched high in the Nicaraguan rainforest, overlooking the tropical expanse of the Volcano Masaya National Park, the architect-owned Hacienda Puerta del Cielo Eco Lodge & Spa will be your own private paradise.
With just eight well-appointed, luxuriously designed casitas and guestrooms—each with its own stunning view over the valley below—and a lazy river-style outdoor pool winding its way through the property, this intimate, welcoming resort can be as low-key or adventurous an experience as you want.
Stay for two or four nights in one of the private casitas (most of which have private balconies and no TV’s, for optimal relaxation), or combine vouchers for up to eight nights. If you're looking for something extra special, upgrade your stay to the Casa Linda honeymoon suite for $75 per night.
Dine each day on traditional Nicaraguan cuisine at the property’s highly-acclaimed restaurant. The hardest part of each day will be deciding if you’re going to head out of the resort’s cocoon and off with a guide to zip-line through the rainforest or wander through the Spanish colonial town of Granada. Sounds tempting, but the alternative is whiling away the hours with massages and sauna time at the spa, for which you have a credit.
IMPORTANT terms and restrictions:
- Available Travel Dates: January 7, 2013 - October 31, 2013.
- Availability Guarantee: SpaFinder Now will issue a full refund in the event you are unable to secure your preferred dates (excludes listed blackout periods as follows: July 31st through August 4th, 2013 and September 14 and 15th, 2013)
- Voucher must be used in time frame of Offer. Limit 2 voucher(s) per user, unlimited voucher(s) available for gifting.
- Multiple vouchers can be purchased and combined for longer stays.
- 17% tax, 10% resort fee and 10% service fees are not included
- Two adults maximum per Casita. No children under 15 years old are allowed.
- Upgrade to Casa Linda- Our Honeymoon Suite for $ 75.00 extra per night.
About The Location
Located on a secluded hill outside the tiny village of Masatepe, the two-year-old Hacienda Puerta del Cielo Eco Lodge & Spa is ideally placed for exploration of some of Nicaragua’s most impressive and culturally interesting sights. With the Volcano Masaya National Park on one side and the Laguna de Masaya on the other, you won’t run out of outdoorsy adventures throughout your stay. Should you prefer to delve into Nicaraguan culture, the small city of Masaya, known as the “City of Flowers” is only a 30-minute drive away, and historic Granada is only 45-minutes away. The resort can coordinate all of these trips for a fee, which we recommend, considering how little there is in the immediate area.
To get there: Connecting flights to Augusto C. Sandino International Airport (MGA) in Managua are available from most major US cities. From there, the resort can provide a transfer—about a 40-minute trip—for $65 for two people. Should you choose to rent a car, the resort recommends a 4x4.
"This is a special, well-run, aesthetically impressive resort and absolutely worth the travel time to Central America. The staff are friendly and the owners go above and beyond to accommodate their guests. The location is perfect." —Kdempster, Winfield, IL, TripAdvisor
"The isolation is part of the charm of the place. You can lounge in the pool, or lay in a hammock and feel the stress of your daily life melt away!" —Reba C, NYC, TripAdvisor
"The hacienda and the surroundings are beautiful but what really made our stay so memorable was the kindness and enthusiasm of everyone working there. They treated us like family." —BrigitteandAidan, San Francisco, CA, TripAdvisor
What You Get
- Two or four nights in a private Casita (double occupancy)
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner
- $50 or $100 spa credit
Why It's Great
- Stunning views over the rainforest and Masaya volcano
- Friendly, welcoming owners will likely become your friends before you leave
- Excellent, authentic Nicaraguan cuisine, flexible for dietary restrictions
- Complimentary WiFi in the Hacienda’s bar
- Casitas feature luxurious outdoor showers
- Dates available through 2013, including winter high season