The Ultimate Hudson Valley Getaway at Buttermilk Falls Inn & Spa
About This Offer
The only thing better than escaping the city for a charming country inn in the full bloom of spring may be escaping to a cozy country inn in the winter, when roaring fires and freshly baked scones welcome you after an afternoon of snowshoeing around the property's 75 Hudson River-front acres. That's right, we're thinking about one of New York's favorite boutique inns, Buttermilk Falls Inn & Spa, that's offering one- and two-night stays through February.
The consummate bucolic getaway, Buttermilk Falls boasts 19 rooms and suites between its restored 18th century farmhouse and collection of other guest houses, each with working a fireplace. Between the included breakfast buffet and complimentary afternoon tea and scones in the sun room, indulge in an eco-friendly massage or facial at the full-service Buttermilk Spa, with 20% off all treatments and 25% off all locally-produced products. Pay a visit to the on-site farm, Millstone Farm, with its herd of rescued lamas and alpacas. Millstone’s flock of heritage chickens provide organic eggs for your meals and all the honey used on property, including in spa treatments, is produced by the farm’s own bee hives. With such complete bucolic decadence, it's hard to believe New York City is less than an hour and a half away.
IMPORTANT terms and restrictions:
- Available Travel Dates: December 13, 2012 - February 28, 2013. Offer is valid for midweek stays December 13-February 28, 2013 and weekend stays in January and February only.
- Availability Guarantee: SpaFinder Now will issue a full refund in the event you are unable to secure your preferred dates (excludes listed blackout periods as follows: Christmas week, New Years week, Martin Lurther King holiday, Valentines weekend)
- Voucher must be used in time frame of Offer. Limit 1 voucher per user, 5 voucher(s) available for gifting.
- Multiple vouchers can be purchased and combined for longer stays.
- Offer is valid for midweek stays December 17-February 28, 2013 and weekend stays in January and February
- Rates do not include tax and gratuity.
- Max occupancy for each room is 2.
About The Location
Owned by Bob Pollock, also behind Nolita's popular Great Jones Spa, Buttermilk Falls Inn & Spa has quickly become known as one of the Hudson Valley's premier getaway destinations for New York City's discerning denizens. Sun-dappled rooms, afternoon tea, expansive verandas, gorgeous views, an eco-friendly spa and a farm-to-table restaurant just scratch the surface of all this elegant property has to offer. Drive up from NYC (90 miles away) or take the train to Poughkeepsie and rent a car or get a cab for the last few miles.
Note that Henry's is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays for cooking classes.
"The spa itself is gorgeous and set high among trees with a big deck with views of the Hudson River. Weather permitting, you can sit outside with a cup of fresh peppermint tea and zone out to the sound of a nearby waterfall." -T Magazine, New York Times
"Nestled in among 70 acres of wooded, river-hugging land fronting the Hudson, this spectacular inn is a real find in the Mid-Hudson Valley. Though small and friendly, with the feel of a hideaway, it provides the amenities of a much larger hotel." -Frommer's
"Buttermilk Falls Inn and Spa (and Henry's Restaurant) exceeded our expectations! Spectacular location, beautiful and unique accommodations, delicious food, warm and very helpful staff." -lucy021482, New York City, NY, TripAdvisor
What You Get
- One- or two-night midweek stay OR two-night weekend stay
- 20% off any spa treatment
- 25% off spa products
- Bottle of wine with dinner at Henry's
Why It's Great
- Gorgeous views of the Hudson River
- All rooms and suites have working fireplaces
- Breakfast and afternoon tea included
- Food sourced from on-site Millstone Farm
- Full-service eco-friendly spa with infinity pool and sauna
- 75 bucolic acres to wander
- Surrounded by cute towns to explore